Glen Stenger nos ofrece este sintetizador con sabor “retro”, un sintetizador basado en el legendario ARP-2600, uno de eso sintetizadores monstruosos, se trata de un sinte analógico totalmente “parcheable”, es decir, que podemos conectar los diferentes módulos mediante cables virtuales, ademas, todos los controles son MIDI, con el juego que esto nos ofrece…como de costumbre, un plugin totalmente gratuito.
This amazing softsynth has a multitude of Frequency Modulation options which enable it to create some truly awesome sound effects. PWM, Sample & Hold, virtual Spring Reverb, Ring Modulation, and a dedicated Noise Generator are all there! Also, there is Oscillator Sync and Filter Color (to adjust between LowPass and HiPass filter types). Most important of all, beginning with version 2.0 the Arppe2600va is now completely patchable via a cleverly designed Mod Matrix! You can have up to 12 patch routings with a very user-friendly (and visible!) drop-down menu interface, instead of messy virtual patch cables cluttering up the screen. All controls are mapped to MIDI CC#’s, and you can override the default settings by using the MIDI Learn feature. Use as a simple stand-alone synth (.exe file included), or copy the DLL into your favorite DAW or sequencer’s plugin folder.
- This is a bug fix release only. It fixes the MIDI CC mappings which were not fully updated in version 2.1.
- There are 30 new patches by Gabriel Abney, plus 30 more by “Databass Tom”, for a total of 80 presets so far!
- These new presets really show off the modular capabilities of Arppe2600va!
- Also, an LFO keyboard trigger switch has been added.
- Other than that, this is mainly a bug fix release, with the following repairs being made:
- The Gain slider in the VCA now properly acts as a Global Output, and has been labelled accordingly.
- All effects have been adjusted to go through the Global Output now.
- Oscillator wave phase adjustments were made, to sound closer to the original hardware.
- Volt Processor response is vastly improved.
- Obsolete elements in the programming were removed; it might improve CPU performance on some systems.