Cheapo Tone es un VST gratuito que emula al mítico sintetizado de CASIO, un sintetizador con sonidos característicos de 8 bits, en consecuencia, este VST es perfecto apra aquellos que quieran producir sonidos de este tipo o quieran dar ese toque “maquina de videojuegos” a algunas de sus canciones…el plugin solo se encuentra disponible para la plataforma Windows 32 bits.
Cheapo tone is a recreation of the famous calculator synth, though this one doesn’t calculate…All the sounds are synthesized, and there is absolutely no sample inside…I could tell you that it took me two years of developpement to achieve such a perfect emulation, but it’s not true. I just had a lonely week end, and thought “why not making an emulation of this synth?”, which I did. The only sound that’s not perfectly emulated is the snare. Otherwise, everything should sound very accurate.
- Of course, not only can you use the factory presets, but you can also tweak them, create your owns fro scratch and saving your own presets, as you have full control over the the different parameters.
- Those parameters are limited to what was needed to emulate the original sounds. No more, no less.
- Their are two distinct synthesizers: Drums and Tone.
- The drum sounds are mapped to channel 10, and the synth to channel 1.
- The ADSR section and other knobs on the front pannel work only in ADSR mode, as the other modes (piano, fantasy, violin, flute and guitar are locked presets)